To celebrate the opening of our flagship storefront on Bloor Street, Toronto, we ran a competition to select a new Chimney Cone® flavour for our menu! The winner receives ICE CREAM FOR LIFE from Eva's!
And the winner is... Anita Gergich! Anita provided the perfect name and ingredients for a new limited-edition menu item. Eva’s Dobos Torte, which is based on the ingredients of a delicious traditional Hungarian cake!
Eva’s Dobos Torte features: a freshly baked walnut cone layered with sponge cake with chocolate buttercream, and topped with caramel sauce and crunchy caramel brittle.
A traditional Dobos Torte from Gerbaud in Budapest
Eva’s Dobos Torte Chimney Cone
Ice cream for life prize terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is Original Chimneys Inc.
2. Open only to legal residents of Canada who are at least 18 years old or must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter the promotion
Employees, directors, management, licensees and contractors of Eva’s Original Chimneys, its related companies and agencies associated with the promotion, the immediate families of the above listed persons are not eligible for entry.
3. To enter, entrants must: Fill out the form on originalchimneys.com/icecreamforlife, nominating in 50 words or less an ice cream cone concept that includes the name of the cone and the cone toppings/ingredients. The entries will be judged based on creativity and the winning entry will be selected by our judges.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The prize consists of “Eva’s for Life” with a limited edition, VIP Eva’s Card. This card will have the name and image of the bearer and can only be used by the bearer and no other parties. The prize is fulfilled as one daily order of any chimney cone menu item, excluding sandwiches and beverages, redeemable at Eva’s Original Chimneys at 454 Bloor Street West, Toronto and any future participating locations. Based on 20 years of a daily redemption with an average order of CA$10 the Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) would be up to: CA$73,000
7. The prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
9. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Promoter Eva’s Original Chimneys and each of their respective direct or indirect parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, members, employees, contractors, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, liability, illness, injury, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
11. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to the Promoter’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province for promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration.
12. Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
13. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
15. The winner’s name and entry will be published at http://www.originalchimneys.com/post/icecreamforlife